Open to dogs of all ages and breeds. This class helps to futher define your dog’s good manners and skills.
- The house Dog Obedience class or an equivalent obedience class is required as a prerequisite for this class.
- There is no age requirement to take the CGC test, however, when puppies pass the CGC test, they should be retested as adults, as we know that behavior and temperament can change over time.
Please Scroll Down for everything you need to know.
Everything You Need To Know
This class covers all of the skills needed in order to pass the AKC CGC test. Any breed or mixed breeds of dog can register with AKC and take the test. Test items include:
- Accepting a Friendly Stranger
- Sitting Politely for Petting
- Appearance and Grooming
- Out for a Walk (Walking on a loose lead)
- Walking Through a Crowd
- Sit and Down on Command and Staying in Place
- Coming when Called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reaction to Distraction
- Supervised Separation
Visit the AKC CGC page for more information
- Must be current on all vaccinations including Distemper/Parvovirus and Rabies
- A recent exam by a veterinarian where dog was deemed healthy
- Dogs attending this class should not display extreme anxiety, fear or aggression around other dogs or people. If your dog struggles with any of these problem behaviors, we can address them with private lessons!
Classes meet at our facility at 428 Zimmerman St. North Tonawanda, NY 14120.
$180 per session (six 1 hour classes) or Take the test only for $20. Please note, students enrolled in class have first priority for test day. We may or may not be able to accommodate you for a test only option. Please email for more information.
Cancellation Policy: Your registration reserves your spot in this group class. Please be as courteous as possible and let us know ASAP if you need to cancel your reservation. A full refund, minus payment processing fees, can be issued 7 days prior to the start date of class. Cancellations within one week of the scheduled start date are eligible for a 50% refund, minus payment processing fees. There are no refunds available after the scheduled start date. If payment was not collected at the time of registration, you will be billed accordingly.