This is NOT a doggy daycare! Instead the day training program will provide your dog with a full day of training, enrichment and play with team member Jill Bugbee ABCDT.
Drop your dog off in the morning where s/he will receive structured one on one interaction with the trainer then pick them up in the evening knowing your dog had a full day of fun and learning! Each session of the day training program will consist of two full days per week for a total of six consecutive weeks. That’s 12 full training days! Handouts and video examples of skills covered will be provided for your continued reference at home.
Everything You Need To Know
Scentwork Classes meet at our facility at 428 Zimmerman St. North Tonawanda, NY 14120.
- Proof of vaccination: distemper / parvo & Rabies
- Negative fecal sample
- Well exam with your veterinarian within the last 6 months
- Highly recommended but not required: Leptospirosis and Kennel Cough Vaccinations as well as flea / tick and heartworm preventatives
Training days are Mondays and Wednesdays. Drop your dog off between 8:45 – 9:15 am and pick up between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. The training day begins at 9:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm. Please do not feed your dog breakfast on training days! Instead bring your dog’s meal with you and we will provide it with enrichment toys and training exercises throughout the day. We will likely also utilize additional training treats so please inform us if your dog has any food allergies or restrictions.
A typical day will look like the following:
- Morning Training Session & Potty Break
- Cooperative Care Session
- Dog & Trainer Play Session & Potty Break
- Trainer Lunch and Dog Rest Time
- Leash Skills Session & Potty Break
- Afternoon Training Session & Potty Break
Skills covered in the program include:
- Name Recognition & Recall
- Position Changes: Sit & Down
- Focus & Engagement Skills
- Impulse Control Exercises
- Loose Leash Walking
- Stationary Skills: Place & Stay
- Cooperative Care Skills for Veterinary and Groomer visits
You will receive written handouts and video examples of skills covered in the program. This program is meant to set a solid foundation of skills for you and your pet. However, training must be consistent both at the facility and at home in order for your dog to reach their full potential. Training should not “end” at the end of the day training program. Instead, it should be maintained through consistency and repetition by the owner / handler.
Day Training clients also receive the following:
- 15% off obedience class rates for one full year
- House Dog Obedience Levels 1 & 2
- Canine Good Citizen
- 5 ft Nylon Leash
- TNB promo item (waste bag holder, bandana, etc.)
- Your dog’s breakfast
- A well fitted collar with your dog’s identification (name and phone number)
- A head collar or body harness may be acceptable or preferred based on the individual’s needs, but a collar with ID will always be required.
- Treats that your dog really enjoys!
- Think soft and stinky, not dry and boring. If your dog will not work for the treats that you bring, we will offer them what we might have available. Please inform us if your dog has any dietary allergies or restrictions.
- Client information and release forms at the end of this packet. Failure to provide these forms will result in you not being able to leave your dog with us.
- Cost for the entire 6 week program: $1,440.00
- 50% minimum payment due to book day training session reservation
- Remaining balance due at / by the first scheduled day in the session